When I first saw the Gilded Leafing in our January – June Mini Catalog I honestly wasn’t interested -it looked like a giant mess to me! But then as what always happens is, I saw a few samples that I loved and “needed” to give it a try myself!
I would recommend putting your jar of Gilded Leafing into a plastic container with a lid to keep it all together, and making it easier to use. For my card today, I used just a bit of Tombo Glue to adhere the Gilded Leafing to the butterflies. Be sure to check back tomorrow when I share another card I made with the Gilded Leafing – and I you can watch my Facebook Live that will be added to tomorrow’s post!
- Whisper White: 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2
- DSP: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
- Small pieces of White, Crumb Cake, and Vellum for cropping butterflies.
- Attach a piece of lace to the DSP – and adhere the DSP to the Basic White Card Base with Stampin’ Seal.
- Use the Brilliant Wings Dies to crop two white detailed butterflies, two detailed vellum butterflies and two crumb cake solid butterflies.
- Use Tombo Liquid Glue along the edges of the Crumb Cake butterflies. I put my Gilded Leafing into a plastic container and will keep it there. Push the crumb cake butterflies into the Gilded Leafing and then use a sponge, or a sponge dauber to remove excess. So Fun!
- Adhere the three different layers of the butterflies together with glue dots and attach to the card front with glue dots positioned along the center of each butterfly.
- Use two strands of gold thread from the Forever Greenery Ribbon Combo pack and tie into a bow – repeat!
- Stamp and die cut the words panel using the Many Messages Bundle. You will have many words to choose from with this bundle, so pick whatever word fits your card!
- To finish, embellish with Gilded Gems.
My team and I would love to have you join our We'd Rather Bee Stampin' family! For $99 you get $125 worth of product plus FREE SHIPPING! Best part - there is no obligation to sell, or hold parties ever!!! You can simply become a "happy shopper" and get discounts on all your Stampin' Up! purchases! If you'd like to pursue this as a business, and make a little extra money, I can help you with that as well!