On Tuesday, I shared two cards I created during a Facebook Live using the Sand & Sea Suite Collection. You can see the details, as well as a link to the Facebook Live here.
I thought it would be fun to create a slimline card with these products as well. I wanted to create the look of shells washing up on the beach from the ocean. Slimline cards are fun – and I always create a matching envelope with the coordinating Designer Series Paper. Check out my tutorial below to see how I created both the card and the envelope!
I love the detail that the stamp set provides for the shells!
I added some of the Opal Rounds for some added sparkle.
- Basic White Thick: 8 1/2 x 7 – Scored at 3 1/2
- Blue DSP (Sand & Sea): 8 1/4 x 3 1/4
- Sand DSP (Sand & Sea): 8 1/4 x 2
- Sahara Sand: For Stamped Images
- Basic White: For Stamped & Embossed Images
- Adhere the Blue DSP to the card base with Stampin’ Seal.
- Tear the top of the Sand DSP and adhere to the card base with Stampin’ Seal.
- Stamp a sand dollar onto Pearlescent Specialty Paper and crop with coordinating die.
- Stamp a sand dollar onto Sahara Sand cardstock with Sahara Sand ink and crop with coordinating die.
- Stamp two shells onto Basic White cardstock with Sahara Sand ink and cut out with Paper Snips.
- Stamp large shell with Seaside Spray ink and then place in embossing folder, and run through the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine. Trim around embossed shell with Paper Snips.
- Arrange shells onto card front as shown – using Stampin Dimensionals on all shells except the Sand Dollar.
- Stamp words onto a piece of Basic White cardstock and crop with a Stitched Rectangle die.
- Create a “loopy bow” with Linen Thread and secure to the back of the word panel with dimensionals, and then attach to the card front.
- To finish the card, add a few Opal Rounds.
- Start with an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of DSP. Score the long side at 2 1/2 and 6 1/2. Score along the short side at 1 1/2 and 10 1/2.
- Fold on score lines and use Paper Snips to cut out the DSP on the four corners. Fold the side flaps in and secure. Fold the smaller bottom flap in and secure. Leave the top flap open until you insert your card and then seal! I like to use a white mailing label to add my address when I’m ready to mail my card.
Hope you enjoy today’s project! Thanks for stopping by!
As soon as I saw the newest January-June Catalog, I knew this set would be my favorite! I LOVE the beach – and this suite brings my love of the beach all together in a beautiful collection!
Sand & Sea Suite Collection
Sand and sea. It’s the perfect recipe for all things summery, fun, and relaxing. Start with the basics: stamped images, pretty paper. Add fun embellishments for a final touch, and your handmade cards and scrapbook pages are complete! You’ll love what you can do with this beachy collection. This suite collection is also available in French.
The Sand & Sea Suite Collection includes:
* Friends Are Like Seashells Photopolymer Stamp Set
* Seaside Seashell Dies
* Sand & Sea Designer Series Paper
* Pearlescent Specialty Paper
* Shimmering Shells Stickers
* Seashells 3D Embossing Folder
* Opal Rounds
Product colors: Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, Melon Mambo, Sahara Sand, Seaside Spray, So Saffron
These are the two cards I made yesterday on my Facebook Live – if you don’t follow me on facebook, please do! I go live every Monday afternoon at 1 pm EST. Link to my page: https://www.facebook.com/idratherbeestampin
You can watch my Facebook Live by clicking the graphic below.
The first card I made couldn’t be simpler! But it is stunning in person! I used the Pearlescence Specialty Paper – embossed it first with the Seashells 3-D embossing folder, and then cropped it with the Seaside Seashells Dies. I find it easier to emboss first – and then position the die over the embossed shells for accurate placement.
I experimented with positioning the Pearlescent die cut over different colors of cardstock, but the Basic White was my favorite. I stamped and cropped the sand dollar and added the words, and finished the card with some loops of Linen Thread and Opal Rounds.
My next card highlighted more products – the Designer Series Paper, 1/2″ Scalloped Linen Ribbon in Seaside Spray tucked behind a panel of Seaside Spray, and the Seabed embossing folder.
I combined these two designer papers to create the look of a beach – the water rolling in over the sand and seashells. I tore the blue paper to create a look of the water washing in.
Hope you enjoy today’s projects! Thanks for stopping by!
Today’s Bee Creative Tutorial showcases another NEW Bundle from the Stampin’ Up! 2021 January – June Mini Catalog:
Friends Are Like Seashells Bundle – 156205 – $54.00
- Basic White Thick: 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”
- Basic White: 4 x 5 ¼”, 1 ½” x 3, scraps for stamping
- Vellum Cardstock: 3″ x 4″
- DSP (Sand & Sea) : 3” x 4”
- Adhere the embossed piece of Basic White to the card base with Stampin’ Seal.
- Adhere the Vellum and DSP together with Mini Glue Dots and to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Double Wrap with Linen Thread, securing with a bow.
- Stamp the images and crop with the coordinating Seaside Seashells dies. Snip the shell with Paper Snips.
- Layer and adhere as shown, adding a small piece of Fine Art Ribbon to the group.
- Stamp the sentiment in Crumb Cake Classic Ink, then crop with the Stitched Rectangle Die. Adhere with Dimensionals.
- Embellish with Opal Rounds.