As soon as I saw the newest January-June Catalog, I knew this set would be my favorite! I LOVE the beach – and this suite brings my love of the beach all together in a beautiful collection!
Sand & Sea Suite Collection
Sand and sea. It’s the perfect recipe for all things summery, fun, and relaxing. Start with the basics: stamped images, pretty paper. Add fun embellishments for a final touch, and your handmade cards and scrapbook pages are complete! You’ll love what you can do with this beachy collection. This suite collection is also available in French.
The Sand & Sea Suite Collection includes:
* Friends Are Like Seashells Photopolymer Stamp Set
* Seaside Seashell Dies
* Sand & Sea Designer Series Paper
* Pearlescent Specialty Paper
* Shimmering Shells Stickers
* Seashells 3D Embossing Folder
* Opal Rounds
Product colors: Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, Melon Mambo, Sahara Sand, Seaside Spray, So Saffron
These are the two cards I made yesterday on my Facebook Live – if you don’t follow me on facebook, please do! I go live every Monday afternoon at 1 pm EST. Link to my page: https://www.facebook.com/idratherbeestampin
You can watch my Facebook Live by clicking the graphic below.
The first card I made couldn’t be simpler! But it is stunning in person! I used the Pearlescence Specialty Paper – embossed it first with the Seashells 3-D embossing folder, and then cropped it with the Seaside Seashells Dies. I find it easier to emboss first – and then position the die over the embossed shells for accurate placement.
I experimented with positioning the Pearlescent die cut over different colors of cardstock, but the Basic White was my favorite. I stamped and cropped the sand dollar and added the words, and finished the card with some loops of Linen Thread and Opal Rounds.
My next card highlighted more products – the Designer Series Paper, 1/2″ Scalloped Linen Ribbon in Seaside Spray tucked behind a panel of Seaside Spray, and the Seabed embossing folder.
I combined these two designer papers to create the look of a beach – the water rolling in over the sand and seashells. I tore the blue paper to create a look of the water washing in.
Hope you enjoy today’s projects! Thanks for stopping by!
Today’s Bee Creative Tutorial showcases another NEW Bundle from the Stampin’ Up! 2021 January – June Mini Catalog:
Friends Are Like Seashells Bundle – 156205 – $54.00
- Basic White Thick: 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”
- Basic White: 4 x 5 ¼”, 1 ½” x 3, scraps for stamping
- Vellum Cardstock: 3″ x 4″
- DSP (Sand & Sea) : 3” x 4”
- Adhere the embossed piece of Basic White to the card base with Stampin’ Seal.
- Adhere the Vellum and DSP together with Mini Glue Dots and to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Double Wrap with Linen Thread, securing with a bow.
- Stamp the images and crop with the coordinating Seaside Seashells dies. Snip the shell with Paper Snips.
- Layer and adhere as shown, adding a small piece of Fine Art Ribbon to the group.
- Stamp the sentiment in Crumb Cake Classic Ink, then crop with the Stitched Rectangle Die. Adhere with Dimensionals.
- Embellish with Opal Rounds.
Today’s Bee Creative Tutorial offers another creation from My Most Beautiful Top Pick from the Stampin’ Up! 2021 January – June Mini Catalog! The Fine Art Floral Suite Collection!
Missed yesterday’s post? You can see it here.
Today’s card showcases the beautiful Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper with the Coordinating Acetate Specialty Paper. The Painted Texture 3-D Embossing Folder adds some nice texture. A word stamp from the Happiest of Birthdays stamp set completes the card. Like I said on my weekly Facebook Live, when the Designer Series Paper is so gorgeous it can really stand alone in creating a beautiful card!
- Thick Whisper White: 4 ¼” x 11”, Whisper White 4 ¼’ x 5 ½”, Scrap for Sentiment
- Poppy Parade Mat: 2 7/8” x 4 1/8”
- Designer Paper: 2 ¾” x 4”, Acetate 2 ¾” x 4”
- Run the 4 ¼” x 5 ½’ whisper White through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder
- Attach the embossed piece to the card base using adhesive.
- Attach the Acetate to the Designer Paper (making sure to line up the flowers) using just a tad of adhesive. I added a bit to a few flowers to adhere to. That way it wasn’t obvious and didn’t show.
- Attach the Acetate and Designer Paper to the Poppy Parade mat and attach to the front of the card using Dimensionals.
- Stamp the greeting on a piece of Whisper White and attach with adhesive on the right side (not on the overhang).
** When cutting the DSP and Acetate I first line up the images to match. Then I cut 4”x12” strips. Then cut matching pieces.