Today’s Bee Creative Tutorial offers another creation from My Most Beautiful Top Pick from the Stampin’ Up! 2021 January – June Mini Catalog! The Fine Art Floral Suite Collection!
Missed yesterday’s post? You can see it here.
Today’s card showcases the beautiful Fine Art Floral Designer Series Paper with the Coordinating Acetate Specialty Paper. The Painted Texture 3-D Embossing Folder adds some nice texture. A word stamp from the Happiest of Birthdays stamp set completes the card. Like I said on my weekly Facebook Live, when the Designer Series Paper is so gorgeous it can really stand alone in creating a beautiful card!
- Thick Whisper White: 4 ¼” x 11”, Whisper White 4 ¼’ x 5 ½”, Scrap for Sentiment
- Poppy Parade Mat: 2 7/8” x 4 1/8”
- Designer Paper: 2 ¾” x 4”, Acetate 2 ¾” x 4”
- Run the 4 ¼” x 5 ½’ whisper White through the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine using the Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder
- Attach the embossed piece to the card base using adhesive.
- Attach the Acetate to the Designer Paper (making sure to line up the flowers) using just a tad of adhesive. I added a bit to a few flowers to adhere to. That way it wasn’t obvious and didn’t show.
- Attach the Acetate and Designer Paper to the Poppy Parade mat and attach to the front of the card using Dimensionals.
- Stamp the greeting on a piece of Whisper White and attach with adhesive on the right side (not on the overhang).
** When cutting the DSP and Acetate I first line up the images to match. Then I cut 4”x12” strips. Then cut matching pieces.
The Fine Art Floral Suite was an easy pick as the “most beautiful” suite in our January – June Mini Catalog! The products in this suite are just gorgeous! From the beautiful “hand painted” designer paper, to the beautiful floral stamps and many word stamps to the gorgeous acetate sheets – this is a collection not to be missed!
I created several projects with this suite on my Facebook Live this week – and I am sharing them with you now!
You can watch my Facebook Live by clicking the graphic below.
First up were some super simple cards – these fit the bill when you need to get a card into the mail “pronto!” For these cards, you simply cut the Designer Series Paper to a 3″ x 4″ panel – and mount onto a coordinating color of card stock measuring 3 1/4″ x 4 1/4″. Adhere this panel to a card front and add your greeting, and you have your card! When the paper is as stunning as the Fine Art Floral DSP is, you really don’t need much more than that for a quick, yet beautiful card!
The next card I created shows several products from the suite – the Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder, the Designer Paper with the Golden Garden Designer Series Specialty Acetate. The Acetate really makes a striking addition to the DSP!
The last card I created is a fun and different shape! It’s always fun to change things up a bit – and that’s what this card does! I used a narrow panel of Thick Basic White as my card base – 2 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2. I cut two panels of DSP measuring 2 x 5 1/4 – one for the card front and one for the inside of the card.
I used the largest circle and scallop circle from the Layering Circle Dies – cutting two scallop circles in Old Olive, one circle in Whisper White and one circle in the Acetate. (tip: the Acetate comes with a thin layer of “saran” on it – be sure to remove it before you add it to your card.)
I used a full size card base to position the floral image – making sure it fit inside the dimensions of a standard card to ensure that it would fit in a regular sized envelope for mailing.
Here’s the inside view of the card:
To finish the card, I added a knot of the Fine Art 3/8″ ribbon and a few Gold Glitter Enamel Dots.
Today’s Bee Creative Tutorial showcases a Sale-a-Bration bundle you can earn for FREE with a $100 purchase (before shipping & tax):
BERRY BLESSINGS STAMP SET + BERRY DELIGHTFUL DESIGNER SERIES PAPER! Item 157613
- Pacific Point: 5 ½” x 8 ½” scored at 4 ¼”
- Whisper White: 4” x 5 ¼” (for inside); 3” x 5 ½” and 2” circle
- Granny Apple Green: 3 ¼” x 5 ½” and scrap for dragonfly
- DSP: 1 ½” x 4”
- Stamp the larger outline leaf image, using granny apple green, onto the lower right and upper left corners of the narrower white cardstock.
- Ink the larger solid leaf image with granny apple green, stamp off, then fill in the leaves you just stamped.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 using the blueberries and pacific point ink.
- Add the whisper white cardstock to the center of the granny apple green cardstock and that to the card front.
- Add the strip of DSP across the card front.
- Stamp the greeting using Memento ink onto the 2” circle.
- Add that to the card front using dimensionals.
- Punch out a small dragonfly from a scrap of granny apple and add it to the card front using a mini glue dot.