I guess I am on a roll this week with the Gilded Leafing! I had some “bits and bobs” on my workdesk yesterday and decided to use some of them up by creating this card! I love our Gorgeous Grape color – it really is gorgeous!
- Gorgeous Grape: 5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”
- Basic White: 4” x 5 ¼” (cut two – one for front panel, one for inside panel), 1 ¼ x 3 ¼, 4” x 5” for stamping/die cutting butterflies
- Vellum Cardstock: 3 ¾” x 3”
- Stamp the large Butterfly Brilliance stamp onto Gorgeous Grape cardstock with Gorgeous Grape ink.
- Use the Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine to crop out with coordinating Brilliant Wings die.
- Emboss one of the Basic White panels for card front – using the Dainty Diamonds 3D embossing folder. Use Stampin’ Seal to adhere to card front.
- Adhere the Basic White panel to inside of card.
- Crop a large vellum butterfly with the largest detailed die.
- Spread a thin layer of Multipurpose Liquid glue around the edges of the largest Gorgeous Grape cropped butterfly.
- Press down into the Gilded Leafing – tip: place gilded leafing into a large container with a lid to keep it under control and for ease of use.
- Use a Stampin’ Sponge to brush away the excess Gilded Leafing – placing excess back into container.
- Use glue dots to attach the large butterfly, the vellum butterfly and a small butterfly together.
- Cut a strip of the Tulle ribbon in half width wise to create a narrower strip.
- Fold ribbon in half and use Stampin’ Seal to attach this to the back of the butterflies.
- Adhere to card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp “Happy Birthday” onto word panel with Gorgeous Grape ink and use Paper Snips to “flag” the left edge.
- Adhere to card with Stampin’ Seal.
- To finish the card, add a Pastel Pearl to the butterfly.
I must admit, I wanted nothing to do with the Gilded Leafing when I saw it in our new January – June Catalog -but WOW am I glad I gave it a try! It truly is beautiful!!! I had fun creating the cards above!
THE BEST DEAL OF ALL! JOIN THE STAMPIN' UP! FAMILY! Sale-a-Bration Starter Kit Promotion!
My team and I would love to have you join our We'd Rather Bee Stampin' family! For $99 you get $125 worth of product plus FREE SHIPPING!
BONUS! You can pick one of 12 NEW BUNDLES (shown above) during Sale-a-Bration! AUGUST 3 - September 30!
Best part - there is no obligation to sell, or hold parties ever!!! You can simply become a "happy shopper" and get discounts on all your Stampin' Up! purchases! If you'd like to pursue this as a business and make a little extra money, I can help you with that as well!