Today’s slimline card is a gorgeous sunset scene using Blending Brushes and the Grassy Grove Stamp Set. The stamp set is part of a beautiful bundle – you don’t want to miss! I love to use my blending brushes to create sunsets on this type of card! Read on for the step by step tutorial and I encourage you to give it a try!
The slimline card was inspired by this week’s Global Design Project Challenge. You can see the details here.
I am featuring the Grass Grove Bundle in this month’s Bee Box – you can register for this card kit in a “bee” box at this link:
I’ve added a new perk as a way to thank my loyal customers – with the purchase of four consecutive Bee Boxes, you will earn a FREE stamp set of your choice as a thank you from me! I’m excited to offer this as a thanks to my customers.
The Bee Box is $35. It includes product (valued between $20-$25), a PDF with measurements and videos for 8 card kits -2 each of 4 different designs. You will need the Grassy Grove Bundle to complete the projects in this class. You can add it on to your class for at catalog price of $56.50.
Registration is now open and closes on April 22.
- Basic White Thick: 8 1/2″ x 8″ (scored at 4″)
- Basic White: 8 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ (stamping)
- Basic Black: 7″ x 3 3/4″ (layer), 1 1/2″ x 1″ (sentiment)
- Burnish and fold the slimline card base with a Bone Folder.
- Create the scene by stamping the images in Versamark Ink onto the Basic White Layer. Heat Emboss with Black Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
- Use a Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine to crop the smallest circle (Layering Circle Dies) from a Post-It Note. Lay the Post-It Note onto the card with the open circle next to the tall trees. Add Crushed Curry Classic Ink with a Blending Brush.
- Cover the “sun” with the cropped circle die-cut (from the Post-It note). Apply the following colors, from bottom to top, with Blending Brushes: Mossy Meadow, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Rich Razzleberry, Night of Navy.
- Adhere to the Basic Black Cardstock layer and to the card base as shown.
- Stamp the sentiment in Versamark onto the Basic Black Cardstock piece. Emboss with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Cut to size with a Paper Trimmer.
- Embellish with Black Classic Matte Dots.
Want it all?? Have a big wish list? The BEST deal is always buying the Stampin' Up! Starter Kit! $99 gets you $125 in Product Of YOUR CHOICE!
I am blessed to lead an amazing team with members all across the United States. My team consists of both business builders and happy shoppers! The question I am most often asked about joining the SU family is – “do I have to sell?” The answer is NO! You are welcome to be a happy shopper – and a smart cookie, I might add, to get all the products you love at the demonstrator discount!
Please contact me with any questions! I’d love to have you join my “We’d Rather Bee Stampin'” team!
You will then enjoy 20% off all future purchases while you are active! What have you got to lose? The link to join is below! The best part – there is no obligation to sell, or hold parties ever!!! You can simply become a “happy shopper” and get discounts on all your Stampin’ Up! purchases! If you’d like to pursue this as a business and make a little extra money, I can help you with that as well!