We all love fun fold cards and this “faux” side step card doesn’t disappoint! It features popular products from the Hues of Happiness Suite – they are just gorgeous!
This card looks difficult, but it’s not as difficult as it looks – it defintely packs a “wow!” I hope you will give it a try!
- Pool Party CS: 4-1/4” x 9”, then scored at 1-1/4”, 2-1/2”, and 5-3/4”; 2-1/2” x 8-1/2”, then scored at 5-1/2”
- Basic White CS: 4” x 3”; plus a scrap for the sentiment
- DSP: 2-1/4” x 5-1/4”; 4” x 3”; 4” x 1”
- Stamp the front sentiment in Night of Navy ink onto a scrap of Basic White CS.
- Use Paper Snips to fussy cut the sentiment.
- Stamp the back sentiment in Coastal Cabana ink onto the 4” x 3” Basic White CS.
- Stamp two roses in the bottom corners of the same Basic White CS.
- Die cut 5 flowers and 3 leaves from a piece of DSP.
- Burnish the folds of the 4-1/4” x 9” Pool Party CS with a Bone Folder, so the middle one is a valley fold, and the outer two are mountain folds. Turn so the two larger sections are at the top and the two smaller sections are at the bottom
- Burnish the fold in the 2-1/2” x 8-1/2” Pool Party CS. Turn so the smaller section is at the top and the larger section is at the bottom.
- Glue the 4” x 1” piece of DSP onto the bottom section of the 4-1/4” x 9” piece of Pool Party CS.
- Glue the 4” x 3” piece of DSP onto the lower of the two larger sections (second section from the top; third section from the bottom) of the 4-1/4” x 9” Pool Party CS.
- Glue the 2-1/4“ x 5-1/4” piece of DSP onto the larger/bottom section of the 2-1/2” x 8-1/2” Pool Party CS.
- Lay the 2-1/2” x 8-1/2 Pool Party CS on top of the 4-1/4” x 9” Pool Party CS, centering it left to right, and lining up the bottom edges. Glue just the bottom inch of the skinnier piece onto the bottom section of the wider piece.
- Accordion fold the wider card base piece, then flip it over to the back. Make sure the whole thing is pressed flat.
- Fold down the top end of the skinnier piece onto the back of the wider piece. It should overlap about 3/4”. Glue only where the two pieces overlap
- Glue the 4” x 3” Basic White CS onto the back of the card base, covering the end of the overlapping 2-1/2” wide Pool Party CS.
- On the front, glue the sentiment at the top of the 2-1/4” x 5-1/4” DSP.
- Arrange the die cut flowers and leaves on the same piece of DSP, and adhere them using pieces of Foam Adhesive Sheets.
- Apply two Glossy Dots onto the centers of the two largest flowers, and 3 onto the surrounding DSP, using a Take Your Pick tool.
- Tie a small bow with the ribbon and trim the ends with Snips. Adhere onto the card front using Mini Glue Dots.
- If you have a lot to write to the recipient, you can cut one or two more pieces of Basic White CS to 4” x 3”, and glue them onto the inside of the card base. Since the card doesn’t open completely, it’s best to write on them before gluing them.
Want it all?? Have a big wish list? The BEST deal is always buying the Stampin' Up! Starter Kit!
For just $99+ tax you can select $125 (that's $36 FREE) in Stampin' Up! product! I am blessed to lead an amazing team with members all across the United States. My team consists of both business builders and happy shoppers! The question I am most often asked about joining the SU family is – “do I have to sell?” The answer is NO! You are welcome to be a happy shopper – and a smart cookie, I might add, to get all the products you love at the demonstrator discount!
Please contact me with any questions! I’d love to have you join my “We’d Rather Bee Stampin'” team!
You will then enjoy 20% off all future purchases while you are active! What have you got to lose? The link to join is below! The best part – there is no obligation to sell, or hold parties ever!!! You can simply become a “happy shopper” and get discounts on all your Stampin’ Up! purchases! If you’d like to pursue this as a business and make a little extra money, I can help you with that as well!